Saturday, 4 July 2015

#Saturdaynightcookin' Mushroom Risotto edition

' is a hashtag I've been using on Twitter and Facebook for some time now to tell people what I'm cooking and drinking on a Saturday night when I've got my food nerd mojo on.  I've been busy with school, work and charity stuff, so I haven't done one in ages.  I don't even know when I did the last one.  I dare not look. It has been too long.

So tonight I've decided to bring ' back!  I've been working on a recipe of my own for Mushroom Risotto.  I've been needing to write down the actual amounts and process, so here it goes!

Ingredients:
1 cup arboio rice
1/2 cup white wine (I use pino grigio)
1 cup of stock ( I use chicken, but any would work)
1/2 a yellow onion finely chopped
1 cup of roughly chopped fresh mushrooms (I use a mix of white, cremini and portabello)
1/2 to 1 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
Water
Olive Oil
Butter
Salt & Pepper
Liquid Gold's Wild Mushroom & Sage Infused Olive Oil
Freshly cut chives


Heat some plain olive oil in a pan and add the onion.  Season with salt & pepper and saute until the onions are translucent.  Add a bit of butter and stir until it melts.  Put the cup of dry rice in the pan and fold with a spatula until the rice is coated with oil.  From this point on you will be adding liquid approximately 1/2 a cup at a time and stirring constantly.  Add the 1/2 cup of wine and stir until most of the liquid is absorbed by the rice.  The add the stock, again, 1/2 a cup at a time until it is absorbed.  Continue adding water and stirring likewise.  I usually use around 2 cups of water total.  Just before you add the last 1/2 cup of water, add the 1 cup of chopped mushrooms and a scattering of chives and fold in.  Let the rest of the water absorb.  Add more if needed. 
Once the riotto is basically done, turn off the heat and add the cheese and fold in.  Once plated, top the risotto with a few more freshly cut chives and a little swirl of Liquid Gold's Wild Mushroom & Sage Infused Olive Oil.
Liquid Gold and all their goodness can be found here:  http://www.allthingsolive.ca/



 

No comments:

Post a Comment