Saturday, 17 October 2015

Knit Year's Resolution 2015 part 2

I've been behind on both knitting my projects and posting the blogs.  I've had this done for a while, but haven't had time to block the piece, or write it up.

This is the second of my Knit Year's Resolution pieces for 2015.  The goal is to make something from each of the knitting pattern books my mother and sister have given to me for Yule over the last 5 or 6 years. 



This one is called "Etta" by designer Kim Whelan and it's the first pattern in Lace One-Skein Wonders edited by Judith Durant (Storey Publishing, 2013).


Here's a few more pics.  I especially like the top-down view because it shows how the whole pattern, based on a multiple of 5, closes into a pentagle.  



And here's one with it hanging on a plate on top of a bowl.  It's has been wetted and it still drying.  Yep, smells like wet wool in my apartment #knitterproblems, lol.  This is a process known as blocking, which helps a knitted project take it's final shape. It is also the knitting equivalent of when musicians say "we'll fix it in the mix" ;)




 This was a lovely, quick pattern to knit.  Just interesting enough to not be boring, and just easy enough to not drive me nuts while making it.  The yarn is from Two Crows Dyed: https://www.facebook.com/Two-Crows-Dyed-Naturally-Unnaturally-204897482994789/  I picked it up when the makers still had the Ewe to You Yarn Shop in Lower Sackville, NS.  It sat on my shelf for ages waiting for just the right project, and this was it!  This yarn is a bit biger than called for in the book, so I did fewer reps and "shortened" the pattern.  I really love the look of this one.  I can see this being a piece I will wear quit a lot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment